2017 12 19 Red Day pic.twitter.com/BhkIK1e603— Vic Niederhoffer (@VicNiederhoffer) December 19, 2017
Tuesday, 19 December 2017
Tuesday, 12 December 2017
Saturday, 9 December 2017
1. Interest rates and the price of gold have an inverse relationship and the expected path of future rate hikes are to the upside.
2. Fed funds futures indicate that a rate hike of 25bps is the most likely scenario.
3. The rate of interest rate increases is the highest in ten years.
4. The Fed's main concern is containing potential runaway inflation.
5. Economists suggest that GOP tax bill is inflationary.
6. The infrastructure bill will probably be even more inflationary.
7. A wise man once said that buying gold is a way of going long on fear, and business and consumer confidence have hit all-time highs.The infrastructure bill will probably be even more inflationary.
9. Palindrome's protege dumped his gold holdings on the day of the election and we're still trading below the opening price of that week.
10. GLD: After a short run-up during the week beginning Nov 27, bears have resumed full control, taking out key support at 120 and closing below August's lows at 118.48.
Thursday, 7 December 2017
"I recalled old Partridge’s favourite remark—'Well, this is a bull market, you know'—as though that were tip enough for anybody who was wise enough; as in truth it was."
Wednesday, 6 December 2017
That makes the current opportunity cost of owning one bitcoin: 5 S&P 500s, 77 shares of Apple, 60 shares of Exxon Mobile, 240 barrels of oil or 10 ounces of gold.
Tuesday, 5 December 2017
Monday, 4 December 2017
Average inflation rate YTD: 2.08%
Average inflation rate 2015-16: 0.5%.
A four-fold increase in 11 months.
1. The tax cuts are basically a done deal. The discrepancies between the House and the Senate bill are negligible. The "22%" rumour is false. Both Senate and House versions have the corp rate at 20%.
2. The tax bill effectively scraps the Obamacare individual mandate - which means an uptick in M&A activity. Weak, under-capitalized insurance companies lose the subsidy and are zombies for the most part. Think of those companies as the dead trees and debris that are swept away during a healthy forest fire - the nutrients return to the soil, replenishing the forest.
3. Goldman Sachs raises its 2018 GDP forecast to 4% (Jan Hatzius has a strong forecasting track record).
Note that MSM is now equating prices, but they neglect to report on bitcoin when stocks close in the red. More agrarian innovation in subtle sweeps at Prez. prices with
the greater the frequency of anti-Prez "stories" on MSM, the higher the spoos. never fails. just pray they keep up the negative coverage.— Walton McGuinty (@rwalton22) October 5, 2017
Saturday, 2 December 2017
"It is well to remember a rule of manipulation, a rule that Keene and his able predecessors well knew. It is this: Stocks are manipulated to the highest point possible and then sold to the public on the way down." -- J.L.